Fables Books is Goshen’s independent, locally-owned bookstore offering a wide selection of new and quality used books, literary gifts, and book and game ordering services. We fervently believe in the printed word and aim to match you with your ideal title. In addition to the titles we stock, we will order any book in print for you, and we will help search for those hard-to-find and out-of-print books. Searching for your next exciting read? Fill out our Personal Shopper Form, and we’ll curate a potential list for you to choose from.
A product of ongoing collaborations between the independent bookstore members of the American Booksellers Association, IndieBound is all about independent bookstores and the power of “local first” shopping. Through IndieBound—and the Indie Next List flyers and Indie Bestseller Lists—readers find trusted bookseller curated reading options, newly discovered writers, and a real choice for buying. View both lists online at IndieBound.com, or stop by the store to pick up a printed version.
Books Delivered to Your Doorstep
We are excited to be an affiliate of Bookshop.org. Bookshop.org is an online bookstore with a mission to financially support independent bookstores and give back to the book community. When you shop at Bookshop.org/shop/FablesBooks, we earn 25% commission directly on any sales. All purchases through Bookshop.org are shipped directly to your door. It’s an easy, convenient way for you to get your books and support your favorite indie bookstore at the same time.
Audiobooks with Libro.fm
We’ve partnered with Libro.fm to make it possible for you to buy audiobooks directly through Fables Books. Browse the catalog of over 150,000 audiobooks, including Indie bound bestsellers, and discover hidden gems curated by expert booksellers. Learn more HERE.
Why Shop Indie?
- You keep dollars in our economy. For every $100 you spend at one of our local businesses, $52 will stay in the community.
- You create local jobs. Local businesses are better at creating higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- You nurture our community. We know you, and you know us. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains and online retailers.
- You conserved your tax dollars. Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify our community. Also, spending locally instead of online ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong—right here in our city. You invest in entrepreneurship. Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded upon. Nurturing local businesses ensures a healthy community.
- You make us a destination. The more interesting and unique we are as a community, the more we will attract new neighbors, visitors, and guests. This benefits everyone!